O-ring Warriors Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Looking for Convention Troops (Update 2018)
by The Doc Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 am

» **WARNING!!** Nova
by LIVEVIL Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

» Current casts available for sale
by forcefull1 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm

» About the O-ring Warriors Nation (O.W.N.)
by Rambo Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:27 pm

» THE list of ALL non-production ARAH-style body parts
by forcefull1 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

» Unmasked Jinx head
by forcefull1 Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am

» Interest in cast heads?
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 am

» P:ARAH Predator heads: Poncho, Dillon, Hawkins
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 am

» Future head commission ideas
by LIVEVIL Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 pm

How much do I have to pay someone?

+3
the right of might
cyko
kramer70
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much do I have to pay someone? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do I have to pay someone?

Post by the right of might Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Now you have my attention. That Torso is looking good!!
the right of might
the right of might

Back to top Go down

How much do I have to pay someone? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much do I have to pay someone?

Post by ucsf Sun May 22, 2016 8:28 am

Pretty good casts, hands down. At least the community is going strong and tries to heal the wounds that Veteran did. Keep up the good work!

ucsf

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Mon May 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Torso update:
Beret Trooper torso is done and tested.
Rambo torso is done and tested (see pic below).  I actually had to redo half of it as the outside had some wonky texture on it.  My best guess is some Vaseline (which I used as a mold release) got onto the original and affected the contours of the mold.
Dutch torso is done, but I think I'm going to redo at least half of it. For some reason the molds halves don't line up quite right, leaving some wacky indents on the front torso.
Billy torso's second half is curing as we type.  I molded the knife separately as I'm expecting it won't turn out well in the torso mold.
Cool Breeze's torso's first half is curing as we type.

Now, with all that, I'm most excited about this.  While I have not heard of anyone matching '82-'94 ARAH skin tone with resin dye, I've done the next best thing.  I've matched the 2000s-era reissues skin tone!  Check out Dutch's cast head and torso modeling 2001 Gung Ho's arms.  No paint used whatsoever.
For future reference, the mix is 6 drops of Alumilite Caucasian dye per 10 ML of Part A resin.
If someone out there has the secret of the original ARAH skin dye mix, please advise.

How much do I have to pay someone? - Page 2 DSC01126_zpsj6e5euxw

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Looks great. I am pumped about this. Paint matching the original 82-94 skin tone color is quite difficult even when not trying it for casting purposes. I would love to find a testors/ tamiya spray in that skin tone color. No luck. My best results come from 5 parts model masters skin tone to one part testors yellow. Good luck and thNks again.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Looking great.

Maybe LIVEVIL could give us a hint about a mix for the 82-94 skin tone.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ucsf Wed May 25, 2016 10:17 am

Absolutely great! Also it seems like you're not a newbie in this game. Was it difficult to mix and match for the casted parts that look sharp?

ucsf

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Update:
I have about 6 torsos done each for the beret trooper, Rambo, and Billy.
I have about 4 torsos done for Cool Breeze.
The recast torso mold for Dutch is curing as we speak.
I have plenty of heads done for all but Cool Breeze and Big Lob. No particular reason that those aren't done in quantity yet other than I wanted to play with the skin tone to see if I could get a match to existing ARAH parts. I've come pretty close to matching 1991 Heavy Duty. The mix is 2 drops of skin dye per 5 ML of part A resin.
At this point, unless someone really, really wants it, I don't plan to do the swivel vest torso. I might at some point in the future, but, well, I'm kinda tired of doing torsos at this point. Smile They're turning out better as I go along, but I still have several that don't turn out good enough per round of pours.
Once I have a few Dutch torsos done, hopefully this weekend, I'll start officially taking orders.

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Perfect. I love how over the course of a few weeks you have completely taken over what veteran and slayer Dave said they would do for months and years. Not only are you producing quality items you are cranking them out like a pro caster. I am interested in seeing what the future holds for you in are o ring loving group. You might be the "one" we have been waiting for.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 pm

I love what you are doing forceful 1 to promote this site and the hobby. I hope this is a spring board to future commissions by the site which you can include me in as far as helping whatever I can. I hope it starts the polls to future works. Krexx is casting the Cobra sniper parts as we speak so anyone interested let me or Rambo know. Ill have Rambo post a partially painted WIP of the finished parts

copperbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Fri May 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Excellent news.
By the way.. which vest torso are you talking about?
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 pm

The vest torso is in the top right of this pic:

How much do I have to pay someone? - Page 2 19838096592_b4f7d9e4a9_z

Dutch torso is done and tested with two casts.
I cranked out two more casts each of the torsos for Billy, Rambo, and Cool Breeze tonight, along with one each of the heads.

Half of the beret trooper torso mold ripped yesterday.
The Rambo torso mold completely ripped tonight. It's life is over.
Unless significant demand is there, I do not plan to recreate these molds.

Am hoping to get some good pours done this weekend, and get these pieces out to you guys.

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Fri May 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Ok. Is that torso for ball neck or swivel neck?
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Sat May 28, 2016 8:01 am

swivel

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Sat May 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Bad news, good news:
The Dutch mold ripped after just a few casts were completed.
Good news: I've officially put up a For Sale listing here on OWN for the casts: https://oring.forumotion.com/t138-parah-head-and-torso-casts#1564

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum