O-ring Warriors Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Looking for Convention Troops (Update 2018)
by The Doc Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 am

» **WARNING!!** Nova
by LIVEVIL Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

» Current casts available for sale
by forcefull1 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm

» About the O-ring Warriors Nation (O.W.N.)
by Rambo Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:27 pm

» THE list of ALL non-production ARAH-style body parts
by forcefull1 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

» Unmasked Jinx head
by forcefull1 Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am

» Interest in cast heads?
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 am

» P:ARAH Predator heads: Poncho, Dillon, Hawkins
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 am

» Future head commission ideas
by LIVEVIL Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED!

+2
kramer70
cyko
6 posters

Go down

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! Empty Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED!

Post by cyko Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 pm

I've noticed that Angel Forge casts O-ring compatible torsos (some by the awesome sculptor Krexx!), and I've been curious. Some, like the Heartwrencher set, look made for New Sculpt parts rather than ARAH. Wizgillar got some and gave a summary of what he thought:

"This first picture is of two of the torsos I picked up.  Both are female; one looks like it could be used for Lady Jaye.  They actually tossed in a bonus item in the form of an ME Lady Jaye head that actually looks damn good as far as scale is concerned.  The other torso in this first pic is a Zarana type.  The detail is great but it is damn small in scale; more along the lines of Bombstrike or Gi Jane (I have both but didn't get a pic yet for size comparison.  The detail is amazing overall for both.  The LJ torso is perfect scale for an alternate look for LJ.  The Zarana torso is hard to find legs for that will match.  Otherwise, love them both.

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! Torso10

The next picture is a Baroness type torso.  As you can see, it is close on scale but the neck is rather small.  Details again are great but it was hard to find arms that fit well.  Baroness arms are a bit long looking with this torso and the shoulders don't match up well.  I ended up using a VvV Zarana pair of arms which seemed to look alright.  The custom waist piece in this pic was actually included with the Zarana torso in the first image.

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! Torso210

All in all, I really like these torsos but I just wish I knew what other parts they may have had in mind when they were sculpting.  These torsos would probably work well with the smaller heads of the ME figures.  The problem I have found however is that some heads with longer hair (I picked up some custom casted ones one ebay, all female from various figure lines) don't fit well with these torsos because the sculpted hair doesn't match up well.  It may take some trimming.  From the looks of things on Angelforge's site though, there are numerous shorthaired heads that may fit well.

I want to pick up some more of the torsos to try out.  I have found too that some larger sized o-rings may be needed because I'm afraid of warping or breaking the resin in the torsos because the post that the ring goes around is a little too soft for the standard o-rings.  I see great potential though with these torsos when it comes to maybe using ME heads."
cyko
cyko
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! Empty Re: Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED!

Post by kramer70 Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you for these pictures. I have wanted to know about these and if they would look good or not. Those do look pretty good. I was looking at there site and they have so good o ring stuff. I am thinking of purchasing a few of these items.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! Empty Re: Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED!

Post by Faust Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:12 pm

The boobies on the one next to the Zarana torso always looked too high on the Angel Forge website, but here they look much better. Now that that is out of the way...
There are a few torsos on the site that look like they have neck pegs meant for ME figures, but I always thought ME heads are way too small compared to Vintage figures. Does anyone know if the torsos are proportionate to the Vintage ones?

One of these days I want to get all of the Angel Forge ARAH torsos, just to have new parts fodder.
Faust
Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Those female torsos are very tempting.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:53 am

yea I think I might have to purchase 1 or two of them.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Ok, I got some torsos from The Angel Forge just to know how they are. Here my first review.

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! 15393269016_06464949e1_oAngel Forge torsos 1 by R.1985, on Flickr

Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! 15416318365_a98c274a27_oAngel Forge torsos 2 by R.1985, on Flickr

1. First thing I was curious was if the screws would work: YES, they work fine.
2. The parts need some finishing, a little of cutting and sanding extra material.
3. They will require some work in order to fit arms and necks.
4. Sculpting details are great.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Looks to me those were made for new sculpt/Valor vs Venom parts. We all know those didn't exactly fit ARAH stuff best but some parts fit better than others, that is not without some modification...
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

http://www.joecustoms.com/userops/profile.php?uid=12

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Thanks for the detail look, Rambo! The "Resolute" type torso & waist look about right. Otherwise, I think the other needs a tiny VvV/JvC era waist.
cyko
cyko
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:20 am

Cool torso. To me with the right mods, it deffinatly passes as ARAH style.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:49 am

I recently bought a bunch of ARAH Torsos from the Angel Forge store. Somehow they goofed on one of the items they sent me, and I contacted them about it and they sent what I had ordered, plus a slew of other ARAH freebies!
Some pretty interesting head sculpts and stuff, as well as some unique torsos that they never sold because they did not think there was a customer base for O-Ring items. Sad
Most of the torsos would work best with stuff from the Venom vs Valor and Spy Troops era, but with some modifications, I know I can make them work with ARAH.
Pics soon.
Faust
Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Did you get the ARAH heads?
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faust Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I actually made a post showing the heads I got from the Angel Forge, but it took up too much room here for products they are not currently selling. I made a new post for them if anyone wants to check out what they sent me.
Faust
Faust

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Bumping this thread. Curious to see any finished or WIP customs using the Angel Forge o-ring torsos. Post 'em if you've got 'em. Smile

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I made 3 females...
LIVEVIL made a Shipwreck...
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by forcefull1 Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:44 pm

Rambo wrote:I made 3 females...
LIVEVIL made a Shipwreck...

Now, you can't say things like this and not show pictures! Smile

forcefull1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:23 am

Here I made VALKYRIE, a Cobra female:
Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! 17290188484_57c4cb31ba_cNew Cobra and WCW Warrior.

Here along Rambo... Cammy and Pythona:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/DzFDAb]Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! 24666380602_c65bf69409_c
Rambo 3 custom

Fortune:
Angel Forge Cast O-ring Parts UPDATED! 25429408463_132c96f007_cFortune

Harley Quinn:
I can't find a picture of her...
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down