O-ring Warriors Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Looking for Convention Troops (Update 2018)
by The Doc Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 am

» **WARNING!!** Nova
by LIVEVIL Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

» Current casts available for sale
by forcefull1 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm

» About the O-ring Warriors Nation (O.W.N.)
by Rambo Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:27 pm

» THE list of ALL non-production ARAH-style body parts
by forcefull1 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

» Unmasked Jinx head
by forcefull1 Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am

» Interest in cast heads?
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 am

» P:ARAH Predator heads: Poncho, Dillon, Hawkins
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 am

» Future head commission ideas
by LIVEVIL Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Message from The Angel Forge

+5
Rambo
LIVEVIL
ucsf
cyko
Wizgillar
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

angel - Message from The Angel Forge - Page 2 Empty Re: Message from The Angel Forge

Post by Rambo Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:37 pm

I want a Rambo head and torso copy. And Dutch and Billy too. I have Ninja Force Snake Eyes if you want to copy.

Casters out there have been selling copies all these years. So, I don't see any problem.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

angel - Message from The Angel Forge - Page 2 Empty Re: Message from The Angel Forge

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Awesome. I will let everyone know when I get it done.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I would love to get a copy of the Rambo head and torso too, and any other of those lost items. I will gladly buy from anyone who will provide them. All I want is to customize with them and post them. Fuck the so-called intellectual property rights. Like kramer70 put it, these are just cheap plastic toys!
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

http://www.joecustoms.com/userops/profile.php?uid=12

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:36 pm

My interest in the hobby is also to customize. The reason I got into casting was to make multiples of items for army building.
I understand the issue from both sides - sculptors don't want their items reproduced without them getting some sort of compensation and customizers are tired of being overcharged for items that can be reproduced fairly easily.
Personally I just want to be able to enjoy my hobby and be able to share what I have with anyone else that wants it.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Veteranoftheplasticwars wrote:I've been casting items for years and would be happy to do molds and casts of any of the items. I'll do a cast of the Rambo torso and head.
That's awesome! You can expect an order of 2 from me. And do you need a Cobra Beret Commando head? I've got one I could send you.

Back to the thread topic: have we tried AngelForge again to see what, if any, Slayer stuff they might make available? I would really like to see the other "Predator" molds and the Cobra Resolute Trooper reappear.
cyko
cyko
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm

If I could get hold of any of the pieces I will gladly cast them. Would truly love a Cobra Beret Commando head to finally go with the torso after all this time lol. Thank you!

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:49 pm

cyko wrote:
That's awesome! You can expect an order of 2 from me. And do you need a Cobra Beret Commando head? I've got one I could send you.

Back to the thread topic: have we tried AngelForge again to see what, if any, Slayer stuff they might make available? I would really like to see the other "Predator" molds and the Cobra Resolute Trooper reappear.
From my understanding, AngelForge isn't going to make any former Slayer stuff or anything else available unless they get "permission" from it's original owners, which basically means we won't be getting anything ever. Those items are just going to continue to sit and collect dust...
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Ugh, I was afraid that was the verdict. How about this: we put our resources together to see what everyone has, and if VeteranOfThePlasticWars is willing to cast them, we'll finally get some of the items?
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:54 pm

I'm totally willing to cast them. I do pressure casting and have a lot of experience.
Let's try and collect our resources and see what we all have.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm willing to participate in some kind of coordinated recovery effort to help get access to items we want and share them with everyone here...
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Here's a link to the post tallying up what old O-ring parts we've got. Let's see what we can pull together! I might have more, but I'll need to dig through my parts bin. No completed figures, unfortunately. I always hoped one of the recipients would offer to re-cast one of those.
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Does anyone know why Slayer Dave won't give permission for this stuff to get made?
From my understanding Dave was diagnosed with cancer and ended up putting the money into treatment instead of completing orders (again, just what I had read on message boards so my aplologies if this is not true).
Regardless, the items were never sent out, the money never refunded and then a couple months later other casters got hold of the molds and started producing the items without first honoring the original orders placed with Dave.
Since so many people were ripped off, doesn't honoring this 'intellectual property' kind of seem silly?
Can't we just get the stuff we originally paid for?
Even with the Project ARAH stuff there were a lot of people who lost money and got no products. I'd still love to get my ARAH Pythona but have long since given up hope.
Maybe pooling our resources to get what we were originally promised would be a solution to this mess.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:06 pm

I honestly think Dave is a good-hearted guy who got in a bad spot. Assuming he got better, there was no way for him to make good on all the money he owed us. So he went AWOL for good. Sometimes somebody says they know him, but nobody has actually talked to him. Otherwise, the IP permission would probably be easy. So, like our completed figure orders for Pythona and the snipers, it's a mystery that will probably never be solved.
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Has anybody every said they received Pythona or the Snipers?

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Originally, one of the guys on the "What's On Joe Mind" podcast got a test shot of Pythona and maybe the Cobra Sniper. That pissed a lot of people off, but I understood at the time it was excellent advertising. Then Dave held a Slayer-Con, and I think he revised the figure construction (or shortly after). There was a video showing a white cast figure with elbow joints you could pop together after heating. After that, I remember jaimanstone saying he was helping Dave (who was feeling bad again) pack figures. When we freaked, he said it was only parts of them, then he got tired of the whining and went AWOL too. But I got the impression he didn't get any complete figures either.

So, the only whole figure that I know exists outside of Dave's workshop is the one "prototype" sent to the WOJM crew. And I don't know any of them to ask about re-casting it.
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:21 pm

Will someone with nice writing skills in English email the guys at WOJM?

whatsonjoemind@gmail.com

Do you know some of them?
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/p/about/

Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2