O-ring Warriors Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Looking for Convention Troops (Update 2018)
by The Doc Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 am

» **WARNING!!** Nova
by LIVEVIL Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

» Current casts available for sale
by forcefull1 Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:24 pm

» About the O-ring Warriors Nation (O.W.N.)
by Rambo Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:27 pm

» THE list of ALL non-production ARAH-style body parts
by forcefull1 Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

» Unmasked Jinx head
by forcefull1 Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 am

» Interest in cast heads?
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 am

» P:ARAH Predator heads: Poncho, Dillon, Hawkins
by Rambo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 am

» Future head commission ideas
by LIVEVIL Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Message from The Angel Forge

+5
Rambo
LIVEVIL
ucsf
cyko
Wizgillar
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

angel - Message from The Angel Forge Empty Message from The Angel Forge

Post by Rambo Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:25 pm

I contacted Darkwynter at the new The Angel Forge forums and Facebook, and he replied me the following messages:

"Hello, DW here. I have been extremely busy the last few weeks and have only briefly talked with Krexx/Jose concerning your project. He mentioned he was working on parts for you and would be sending them to me in the next box. I have not received tracking or the box yet. We were going to chat and go over the contents after I received them, as he also requested I revive the older ARAH sculpts I have from him. He is very into the project you are working on, so I will do what I can to assist. If you give me the details I will try and co-ordinate the release of some of the sculpts I have with your forum, and may even be able to offer you some as site exclusives to you guys over there. Please pm me back when you get a chance with the details of your project and I will start setting it up this weekend in anticipation of the box arriving soon. --DW--"

Krexx has been acting as a liaison between us and The AngelForge, so I asked him officially to act as OWN liaison because of his love for ARAH and his relationship with DW, reasons that makes him perfect for the job.

Last edited by Rambo on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

angel - Message from The Angel Forge Empty Re: Message from The Angel Forge

Post by Wizgillar Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 am

Sounding positive so far. I am quite pleased with the fact that OWN is working with The AngelForge as it makes it that much more likely that things will go well. I am curious though as to what ARAH sculpts Darkwynter has that may be revived. Anyone know what these may include?
Wizgillar
Wizgillar

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Great news! Maybe he's referring to existing O-ring related stuff that's not up in the store? I can't imagine it's any of the Project ARAH stuff, although there was something about dividing up items when Slayer closed his store. I never received some Resolute style Cobra Troopers or the Predator; it'd be awesome if those surfaced!
cyko
cyko
Admin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43512778@N07

Back to top Go down

Post by ucsf Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Looks very promising, thank you for showing us the content of your discussion. I believe this group is really on a good track.

ucsf

Back to top Go down

angel - Message from The Angel Forge Empty New 2015-01-31

Post by Rambo Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:26 pm

New message from The Angel Forge:

"Joe here. DW asked me to work with you on this project. I will try to start an O.W.N. thread here to facilitate news sharing. I checked out the link and wanted to cover a few news bits concerning the items DW was referring to.

1. The items DW was talking about were sculpts Jose did from various pre-AngelForge eras that encompassed anything O-ring in nature. So there are many items that are new sculpt in style, some strictly ARAH, and some that were a hybrid of the two. None of the items were Project A.R.A.H. sculpts to his knowledge. DW said he can give you the information he has regarding what happened to those sculpts, what little it is when he gets a chance.

2. The items are in three lots, those that were added to the store already, sculpts that were molded/ready to be added (but did not finish the process due to lack of support), and those that were unsorted at the time. Both the store items and the prepped items are a mix of ARAH and new sculpt. The items were sorted by o-ring and I'm detecting some new sculpt disdain, lol. They will need to be released in order of the mold library already established, so you will have to forgive the newsculpt inclusion with those. The unsorted items, you will be able to help me pull ARAH specific ones out and move into the molding Que. This will help us to save resources by only focusing on the ones that are of actual interest to you guys. Most of the sculpts are heads, a few torsos, and a few figure kits.

3. I will try to get pictures up Sunday/Monday for you, but I do not have access to the photo studio. I will do the best I can for you with my camera phone.

4. We have only had a few purchases last year with any of the o-ring parts and they were all from members of your site. DW mentioned he might be able to work out something as exclusives to you guys. If we do start a thread over here for O.W.N., please feel free to update it with news. Any customers that are interested in ARAH that stop by, we want them to find you. One of our goals here at AF is to be a community resource and support all customizing. Helping people find the place that fits their passion best, meets that goal. While many of our projects will not be ARAH specific, we want you to feel welcome popping in and sharing any news or triumphs of customizing.

I will pm you back as soon as I have the photos or news of the next box from Krexx.
"
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:37 pm

I am looking forward to seeing what ARAH items there may be in these lots. Hopefully we are looking at some hidden gems that weren't publicly made aware...
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

http://www.joecustoms.com/userops/profile.php?uid=12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Guys, Joe at the Angel Forge is needing our help. I count on you.

Joe here, I hit a little bit of a problem. I found a box with some A.R.A.H. masters (not the originals, but master copies for mold making). DW has no idea what these were for but thinks they may be partial pieces to Project A.R.A.H.? We do not own these sculpts if they are for project ARAH and will need to forward them to the owners if they are indeed project ARAH parts. Until I confirm what these go to DW did not want me to post pictures of them. I have no idea what was included in project ARAH, so am having trouble confirming if these pieces were part of that. If they are not, then there are a few more sculpts we have of purely ARAH stuff. If you have any pictures of the sculpts included in project ARAH it would help me sort this out. I'm not having any luck with tracking down anyone involved in project ARAH to get the information I need. I do apologize for the delay, but DW wanted me to make extra sure the origins of these sculpts before I show them. There were no limbs with the pieces, just heads and torsos. Any help you could send me (a list of project ARAH made and planned figures with pictures would be most helpful) would be greatly appreciated. -Joe
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Wow, that is interesting news! I didn't keep a full catalog of the Project ARAH stuff (never expected it to go away), but here are a few I remember and a photo of what I saved (minus the full figures):

• Resolute Trooper head & torso (Cobra; aka "Krexx Trooper")
  • Predator alien head & torso
  • Predator Dillon head & torso (Carl Weathers)
  • Predator Dutch head & torso
  • Predator Billy head & torso (& knife)
  • Rambo head & torso
  • Cool Breeze head & torso (photos on Facebook)
  • Ninja Force Snake Eyes head & torso
  • Cobra Commando head & torso (beret; swivel neck)
  • Cobra sniper/IG sniper/Pythona full figures (& Billy?)
  • Big Lob head
  • Big KEVS torso (padded flak vest)

angel - Message from The Angel Forge Projec10
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LIVEVIL Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Great work, cyko. Here's a few more items to add to the list, although I have no pics:

• Predator Mac head & torso
  • Predator Poncho head & torso
  • Predator Hawkins head & torso
  • Ninja Commandos Storm Shadow head & torso
  • Ninja Commandos Knock-Out head & torso

There were some other sculpts I recall, a masked female with goggles and spikey hair head and torso combo, a male head with goggles, one antenna, and mic and flak vest torso combo.
LIVEVIL
LIVEVIL

http://www.joecustoms.com/userops/profile.php?uid=12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:42 pm

angel - Message from The Angel Forge Mvc-0510

angel - Message from The Angel Forge 2010
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizgillar Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm just throwing this out there but if any of the pieces that AF has were a part of Project A.R.A.H., wouldn't they ultimately belong to those of us who had our money stolen in that whole ordeal? In turn, couldn't they be considered fair game for OWN since many of us, if not all, paid on average of a $100 or more to get those pieces to begin with? In saying, "Belong", I'm not implying that we should get free parts made from them since AF is not Slayer but I can't help but think that whatever parts they do have from A.R.A.H. should be open for us to vote on and get made just like we did with the IG Head and Female Combo. Perhaps done monthly or bi-monthly or something. Such a thing could maybe mend sore asses suffered from the Slayer fiasco while also helping boost OWN even more and bring it ever closer to what we thought we had with Project A.R.A.H. Just a thought, I know it probably isn't in the cards though.
Wizgillar
Wizgillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim 121RVC Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Wizgillar has a point which I fully agree with!
Tim 121RVC
Tim 121RVC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:24 pm

I third it. I even think Krexx has some kind of "rights" over the Project ARAH pieces he made.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:26 pm

I was also a person who funded Project A.R.A.H. and never received anything. Was really looking forward to the Pythona and others. Lost over $400 when Slayer didn't ship the final items too. This has made it very hard for me to justify funds for additional projects that may be legit.
If these items are already made why can't they be cast and sold? I've done casting for years and it's not as difficult as many think.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by Rambo Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Why ? Not having any valid other reasons.... SELFISHNESS.
Rambo
Rambo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:41 pm

It's an issue of "intellectual property". Slayer Dave commissioned the work, so he's got the rights to sell it (even if we paid him to make it). Nobody wants to touch it because it's his, even if he doesn't go public and say "don't cast my stuff!" I understand the respect, but nobody gives a damn if it's a Hasbro head, body part, or accessory. All the casters do copies of at least one part that is someone else's intellectual property (copyrighted). Why the defensive stance for Dave?
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:12 pm

It was frustrating to lose a ton of cash to Slayer and then, months later, other casters had the molds to the items and were selling the items but I never received any compensation. I'm sure I would feel the same if the Project A.R.A.H. items showed up for sale and, despite funding them, I would have to buy them off someone yet again.
Is there any way that we can look past the Intellectual Property for these items since so many of us were affected and just get the items we paid for?

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:45 pm

I doubt it. Dave took the money, so even if someone ignored the IP rights and had the molds for Project ARAH parts, like if AngelForge does, they're still out the cost of their casting materials. It's like asking for a hard-case donation to us of $120 or more to cast the forbidden parts for free. Best case scenario, someone re-casts the parts and sells them to us close to cost.
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 pm

That totally makes sense.
Hope no one thinks I'm trying to get something for nothing.
Really do wish we could find a solution so we all get our Joes Very Happy

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by copperbob Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:17 pm

I lost over 300.00 from Slayer Dave and didnt complain too much because of health problems. If he was a honest person and wanted to make good for all the money he received and never filled what people bought Slayer Dave would give up ownership of his molds, This way people like myself at least would have a chance to rebuy items we wanted years ago

copperbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:25 pm

I noticed in the pic the Rambo head and torso. I purchased this off Slayer and did receive it. Is it possible the others were cast and released (like the Renegades Cobra Trooper and the Cobra Commando with beret)?
I received the torso for the Cobra Commando but the head was missing. Dave had promised to send it with the next order which never appeared. However I seem to remember on the message boards at the time others who got the head but no torso.

Last edited by Veteranoftheplasticwars on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by cyko Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 pm

The only ones I've seen casts of are: Cobra Commando head & torso, Predator Dutch H&T, Predator Billy H&T, and Rambo head. I didn't get Rambo's torso, and the Predator (Shadow Tracker?) and Resolute Cobras were in my last Slayer order that never got filled. I don't know if AngelForge got those molds or not.
cyko
cyko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:34 pm

So if a person who has the items casted them to provide to people who didn't get them it would be a violation of intellectual property?

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by kramer70 Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:48 pm

I say absolutely not. We are dealing with cheap plastic toys. Dave never followed through. Period. If he wanted the " intellectual property rights" so bad then he should have at least made effort to respond to ppl and refund money. I say if you have some of these parts and want them casted to be sold then do it. I for one will purchase a Rambo head and torso set from whoever is selling it. The bottom line in slayer Dave left a bunch of pissed off ppl hung out to dry. Who cares what he thinks. ( and this is all coming from a person who did not purchase anything from slayer and am not out any money. ) I just am tired of big name customizers and casters who want and want and want fodder and shit from ppl and promise them something in return and never follow through.
kramer70
kramer70

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheplasticwars Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:53 pm

I've been casting items for years and would be happy to do molds and casts of any of the items. I'll do a cast of the Rambo torso and head.

Veteranoftheplasticwars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next